geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: More to be added to licenses file for 1.1.1 ?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:18:19 GMT
>> 5) Can the "global" LICENSE and NOTICE files be used in all our
>> generated artifacts (distributions, jars, cars)? Or do we need
>> global files and specific license/notice files for generated
>> module jars and car files?
>>
>> --kevan
> 2-4 should be run by legal, no?
>
> To support #5, I hope we don't need some kind of maven magic.

Probably do...

Unless you can include a file from a resource, then a build extension
could be added to allow all modules to pick them up.

Or download from a URL (could be http://svn.apache.org/...) but I
don't like to do that since its outside of version control (even if
it is pulled from svn, its probably going to be HEAD, which is not
always going to be correct)

Or create a custom plugin to setup the resources to be added to the
jars/was/ears.

Easier to just leave the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt files in each
module and configure Maven to include them from ${pom.basedir} :-\

--jason