geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject JIRA policy on patches
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:03:18 GMT
As I've been working to get some of these patches applied to 1.1.1,
I've noticed most of the patches are still months old and 90% of the
time when a patch is applied thats the end of the defect thread and
no comments on the patches are provided.  This I'm sure is very
frustrating and surely it has to be discouraging community
participation.  We need to have an immediate change our policy on
when patches get posted by the community (non-committers
specifically) that they get assigned to an individiual for review
ASAP and under no circumstances should a jira that contains a patch
be unassigned.  All patches must be considered for inclusion in the
targeted fix version and we cannot continue to let patches dangle
over multiple releases.  I'm not sure if there would be a way to
enforce this, except take it upon ourselves to take the time to
review and comment on contributions from the community.

So what would be a reasonable time frame that a patch should should
be reviewed, applied or commented on by? 3-4 days, a week?

-sachin