geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo site POC using Confluence & Autoexport
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:51:46 GMT
Jason,  nice work!  Using a wiki for the website will make it easier
to make changes to the website. This also allows the website to take
advantage of the many bells and whistles in Confluence.

A few questions:

security -- how will edit access be restricted?  as you know right now
only a committer with an ASF account can change the website (which IMO
is a good thing).   how will that ACL translate to the wiki site and
how will it be maintained?

performance -- the site seems pretty snappy to me but I have heard
some rumblings about confluence performance.  can it handle being
slashdotted?

flexibility -- is the wiki flexible enough to handle any html/css that
we can throw at it?  for example, the current design was donated by
Epiq a while back and IIUC integrating it into existing website
template system was pretty straightforward.  does confluence present
any limitations that would make this type of activity more difficult?

maintenance -- how much Confluence expertise will it require to
maintain the site, especially if we start using custom plugins, etc?
how hard would it be to migrate the site contents to a different Wiki
system or to revert back to a "standard" website if that became
necessary?

Again I really like the work you've done and think it shows a lot of promise.

Best wishes,
Paul