geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo plugin repositories
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:44:25 GMT
In Geronimo 1.1 the console retrieves its default list of plugin
repositories from a URL under people.apache.org.  This can be changed
by overriding an attribute of the DownloadedPluginRepos gbean in
config.xml.  GERONIMO-2076 calls out the need for making the list of
plugin repositories configurable without having to manually edit
config.xml.

Since the 1.1.1 release is gearing up I was looking for JIRAs I can
work on.  Unless someone else already has their eye on this JIRA
(Aaron?) I would like to provide a new portlet that will allow the
user to easily add/remove plugin repositories.  The list would still
be persisted in config.xml.  I can also change the location of the
default repository list to somewhere under geronimo.apache.org, which
would be handy since those documents are version controlled and (I
would assume) hosted on a higher volume server.

Thoughts?

Best wishes,
Paul