geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Tooling 1.1 Release Plans
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:13:54 GMT
Sachin,  I just checked out the RC3 and it looks GREAT!!  I love the
fact that using the Eclipse plugin I can create a web project, deploy
it to Geronimo, debug/update my JSP and see the changes reflected
immediately (and I mean *immediately*) via a simple app republish, and
then export my application as a Geronimo plugin using the admin
console launched within Eclipse.  This makes it so easy to create,
debug, and export applications.  Nice work!!

I would feel remiss if I didn't provide at least a couple of
suggestions, so I would say that it would be nice if you could export
Geronimo plugins directly from the navigator without having to launch
the admin console.  Maybe this could be modeled after Eclipse's own
plugin development features.  Also, longer term it would be cool if I
could create a Geronimo based portal server using, say, Jetspeed or
Liferay in Eclipse and deploy portlets to it.  I'm interested in
helping out if you like these ideas.

Best wishes,
Paul