geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: [RTC] Merge m2migration (functional m2 build) to trunk
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:47:51 GMT
> On 7/24/06, Jason Dillon <> wrote:
>> > I run across the following issue when starting from a path-lenghty
>> > directory:
>> What is the lengthy path you ran under?
> Your description of the test steps suggested that a tester might
> unpack a server distro from within the directory where the Geronimo
> sources have been downloaded to. I did so and ended up with the
> lenghty path error.

That is fine... but what was the path?  Specifically, please post the
exact pathname you ran under for reference.

>> This is a known issue.  I requested details about how low logging was
>> expected to be configured before on the list which went unanswered.
>> I do not believe there is an issue for this yet though.  If you'd
>> like to create one that would be helpful.
> I don't think it's a known issue as it doesn't occur in M1-built
> Geronimo 1.2-SNAPSHOT (Jetty and Tomcat). I've just verified it.
> Therefore, I'm leaning towards calling it a bug in M2-built Geronimo
> as opposed to pointing out to the known issue in Geronimo itself.

$^%&! Its a known issue with the m2 assemblies.  I've sent mail to
the dev@ list a few times about this and ping'd folks on IRC on it
too.  We are aware of the issue, thus it is known.  Just no one cares
enough to respond to half the emails on the dev@ list so it has gone
no where.

I already said please create an issue for this...  Not sure why you
had to go waste time verifying it on m1, as I am sure it works there
and I am sure that it is a problem with the m2 build.

Really don't understand why we have to bounce back and forth for
several days to get something done.  For example, I asked you for the
"length path" you ran under... and instead of actually giving me the
path which I asked for you, you give some explanation of why you were
in the lengthy past which I did not even ask for.

View raw message