geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: GroupId for DayTrader needed.
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:35:28 GMT
Um... blah... lets go back 10 years and give everything 8.3 names
with mad cryptic names in one directory with a slew of meaning-
deficient 3 letter suffixes to tell stuff apart.

Oh... no... wait, lets create a long file name obfuscation system
using ~[0-9] suffixes on truncated filenames... ya that will be better.

Or lets just number all files 1-1000000

Or how about we generate secure randoms for each file name?

or... how about lets just put everything into one big sparse file...

Or we could have a post processor that takes a normal assembly +
config and then truncates everything and adds a metadata descriptor
for resolution.

No, thats is too much... lets just use one big sparse file... though
secure random file names is starting to grow on me.

:-P

--jason