geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: car-maven-plugin error
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:47:43 GMT
   Yes the gbean deployer was (and probably still is) available by
default. The problem could be the null in
org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car

--- Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Bearing in mind that this is not part of the Geronimo build, I assume
> that all of those variables are going to be empty and this will fail.
> Can you give me a version with hardcoded values?
   All the variables are hardcoded in the Mojos, except may be the
geronimoVersion. This needs to be fixed too. Does your pom use a
parent?
If not could you please try using this:
    <parent>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
        <artifactId>configs</artifactId>
        <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </parent>

 This particular
> module only needs the gbeanDeployer but the next one I try will need
> the Jetty or Tomcat deployers too.
>
> I don't fully understand the issue you and Jason are disagreeing
> about.  I would like to be able to indicate as simply as possible
> that
> I want either a GBean deployer only, or a full set of Tomcat or Jetty
> deployers.  I'd rather it be something like
> <deployer>gbean</deployer>
> versus <deployer>j2ee-jetty</deployer> or something along those lines
> (no variables and no list of stuff).
     The variables allowed an easy way to define new set of deployers
for custom servers. But they could be avoided. I think we agree that
the list as shown below is not user friendly. I would like to remove
that.

Thanks
Anita

> I must confess to being a little disappointed that the default (no
> setting) doesn't even give you a GBean deployer.  Though maybe it
> does
> and you're misdiagnosing the problem?  It actually tried to load the
> correct geronimo-gbean-deployer CAR and just failed to do it.
>
> Thanks,
>      Aaron
>
> On 7/25/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >   I assume you are packaging this to be run on a full server. In
> that
> > case you need to use:
> > <deploymentConfigs>
> >
> >    <deploymentConfig>${gbeanDeployer}</deploymentConfig>
> >     <deploymentConfig>${j2eeDeployer}</deploymentConfig>
> >
> > <deploymentConfig>${jettyDeployer}</deploymentConfig>
> >        <deploymentConfig>${clientDeployer}</deploymentConfig>
> >        <deploymentConfig>${openejbDeployer}</deploymentConfig>
> >        <deploymentConfig>${axisDeployer}</deploymentConfig>
> > </deploymentConfigs>
> >     In the version on the trunk you could just say
> ${j2eeJettyServer}.
> > I am still trying to convince Jason that it is a good idea to spare
> the
> > users from the datalis of the deployers. WDYT?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita
> >
> > --- Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > So here's a different error I got when trying to use the
> > > car-maven-plugin for a Geronimo plugin build:
> > >
> > > ERROR [PackageBuilder]
> > > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
> > > org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car
> failed
> > > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
> > > org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car
> failed
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:256)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:235)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(KernelConfigurationManager.java:112)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b117102f.invoke(<generated>)
> > >         at
> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$a6847797.loadConfiguration(<generated>)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.plugin.car.PackageBuilder.execute(PackageBuilder.java:337)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.plugin.car.PackageMojo.executePackageBuilderShell(PackageMojo.java:262)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.plugin.car.PackageMojo.doExecute(PackageMojo.java:170)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.apache.geronimo.plugin.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:42)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
> > >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> > > Method)
> > >         at

> > >         at

> > >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> > >         at

> > >         at
> > > org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> > >         at

> > >         at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > > Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:
> > > org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfigurationData(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:439)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:253)
> > >         ... 33 more
> > >

> > > Here's the relevant part of my POM:
> > >

> > >     <dependencies>
> > >         <!-- For build ordering -->
> > >         <dependency>
> > >             <groupId>gplugins</groupId>
> > >             <artifactId>quartz-scheduler</artifactId>
> > >         </dependency>
> > >     </dependencies>
> > >
> > >     <build>
> > >         <plugins>