geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "mika" <mika.wo...@gentlemansclub.de>
Subject Re: Re: what does a ejb-jar.xml looks like?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:44:59 GMT
Hi Aaron,

first i thank you for your advices.

Now my answears:
I don't know exactly what EJB's are. I only know that they are Enterprise Java Beans. But
what they are doing is a little black cloud in my mind.

My EAR consists of three JAR's, three WAR's and an application.xml as well as a principle.xml.

In one of the JAR's is an ejb-jar.xml. This file consists, as you wrote, of the Beans decided
to deploy.
This JAR is the only which has to be deployed. The other two are some additional informations...
some classes more or less.

The versions of J2EE and EJB depends on what geronimo 1.1 requires. I think, that they are
not higher than J2EE 1.2 and EJB 1 (i asked my boss, and this is what he is supposing).

In association with this and my thinking of solve this problem I suggest that I have to set
an URL to the ejb-jar.xml in the contained JAR-file of the EAR.
Is this the right approach?
If you could tell me the way of setting the ejb-jar.xml-path so, that geronimo doesn't make
this error, I would thank you very much!

PS: assume that the ejb-jar.xml is contained in the META-INF-directory of MyJAR.jar, which
is contained in MyEAR.ear. This is only for better understanding :-).

Thanks a lot, mika