geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject NetBeans plugin for Geronimo - anyone interested?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:57:59 GMT
Hi,

It's been a while when I approached the idea to build a serverplugins
plugin for Geronimo. After some time, when I was about to announce it
my hard drive crashed and everything flew away in the blink of an eye.
Nothing left thus it needs to be started over. We've got an Eclipse
plugin in the devtools project, but no NetBeans one.

The serverplugins module is a bunch of plugins for J2EE application
servers. There's no Geronimo plugin and I think we need to take
appropriate steps to change it. There are some alternatives - Mevenide
(M2 support and once Geronimo becomes M2-oriented it's going to be
very easy to combine those two worlds), copying j2ee modules to
hot-deploy directory of Geronimo and the last but not least Codehaus
Cargo, but it's not the truly NetBeans-oriented approach. It's time to
change it.

Therefore, I'd like to ask you how important it is to have such a
plugin for NetBeans. Would you care to help out and contribute? The
work could be conducted in sandbox so no fear it'll be lost when your
hard drive blows up.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski