geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419764 - /geronimo/trunk/m2-plugins/pom.xml
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:36:38 GMT
> On Jul 7, 2006, at 1:12 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> > It is when one's doing some non-trivial changes
> > without careful thinking how to sort out issues with testing/applying
> > before they become painful when it comes to applying them to trunk,
>
> What exactly are you suggesting by this statement?!

Just to quote what you said:

"This is an unfortunate reality that occurs when delaying major
changes for a significant period."

We've got troubles with patches and their testing. I'm really
concerned that we don't approach it, but await the next 'major change'
that will again remind us about it. I wonder how much time will it
take to apply another m2 patch and how we work on it. So, the above
should be read as:

'I'm really concerned that although we know we're in a big trouble
with patches and their way to trunk, we don't want to sort it out once
and for all, but rather ignore it until there's no  other way'.

I'm preparing a doc about a possible solution that will guide us thru
this bumpy RTC road. Will surely take some time, but I hope it's worth
it. See you soon...;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski