geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [RTC] Vote on GERONIMO-2161 - restart 1
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 06:54:51 GMT
> This is applied.
>
> :-)
>
> Took longer than expected because I happened to switch to a terminal
> that was set to use JDK 1.5 and I did not realize it... until a few
> hours later after I was pulling my hair out wondering why the patch
> god hates me so much.

It's because it needs a solution as I think you won't be alone in your
pain of applying patches/changes that are incompatible with the unix
patch command.

I think it would be much better if the person who makes a change is
not the one who commits it to trunk, but the last PMCer who voted for
it. And a branch the change is built from is established. The solution
has such a good effect that the person who works on changes don't have
to worry about the commit date until it's rejected when (s)he or
anyone else will fix it and a vote starts over (with 24-hour time
period). Another good effect is that knowing the revisions a change
that's being voted, one can continue his/her work without worrying
about disrupting the vote process as the revisions are still in the
branch. Phew, I do like the idea! ;-)

WDYT?

> --jason

Jacek