geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [RTC] Vote on GERONIMO-2161 - restart 1
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:13:35 GMT

> We need to understand why SVN is creating bad patches but this shouldn't hold up the
migration to M2
> effort.  This is not an issue with the current patch but a problem with SVN we need to
undestand.

Don't we have it behind us already? I thought we agreed upon the fact
that unix patch is incompatible with svn diff and thus we need to use
svn diff to create a patch for review and merge it to our own local
copies using svn merge. The point is to get the revisions a patch is
built from, but the rest should work.

> I would like to see Jason get these changes into trunk as well as resolve the patch issue.

(Oh, poor Jacek and his poor English that doesn't let him explain how
we should proceed :-))

To be honest, I don't like how the patch has been reviewed and voted.
How can we say it works if we (me, including) couldn't apply it to our
local source copies? If one's going to say it's because of the unix
patch I'll start screaming...That's why svn merge exists, doesn't it?
Ok, stop whining...

I wonder how the changes will be applied to trunk if patch doesn't work?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl