geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: m2migration branch - thoughts?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 06:29:56 GMT
On 7/3/06, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> Because m2 work is not the only work that's going on.  Not all work has
> stopped.  You are only speaking of the m2 conversion work.  There are
> other efforts underway.

Again, I don't follow. If a change is applied to trunk, why shouldn't
it be done to the branch, too? Wouldn't it ensure that the branch is
up-to-date? I think I miss something obvious and you explain me
something assuming I've got all information you've got. I remember one
said in this mailing list that it's always worth to try it out in
action rather than discussing it over and over again. Although it
doesn't work in all cases, it likely will in this one.

So, did this:

$ svn copy https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk \
      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/m2migration \
      -m "Creating a branch for M2 migration"

Committed revision 418926.

and a branch is ready at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/m2migration/

I hope I didn't break anything and the only change in Geronimo repo is
the branch only ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski