geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: M2 Issues and Actions
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:42:32 GMT
On 7/3/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:

>      I ran a test. A totally bogus plugin will not work, but a plugin
> with correctly defined component.xml will work. Maven indeed uses the
> plugin that was built (see the message below). If we want to use
> SNAPSHOT versions for the plugin, we can create a skeletal dummy plugin
> (s) and publish it. And the build will work like charm with just 'mvn'!
>     If we want to use numbered versions like M1, we need multi step
> build. Whenever the version is changed we will have to use 'mvn' more
> than once to get a full build.

Hi Anita,

How does it apply to what Jason's working on in GERONIMO-2161? I think
Jason has provided us a good solution for the issue - his latest patch
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2161 should do the
trick. I couldn't test it out as it blew out with

Error assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
c:\oss\GERONIMO-2082-2161\applications\demo\target\demo-1.2-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\web.xml
does not exist.

which seemed to me was not strictly related to the issue in question.

(I've just noticed there's a brand new patch - on to testing it out)

> Anita

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski