geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Tracking the status of patches under RTC (was Re: [RTC] Clarification please from the PMC)
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:36:43 GMT
On 7/2/06, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Please read Ken's original email:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/200605.mbox/%3c4470FE4D.1090806@Golux.Com%3e
>
> As far as not considering commiters votes binding, this has never been
> the way Geronimo was run.  If things have changed and the PMC has
> decided that this is the new way to go, ok.  But let there be no
> confusion as to the way things used to work.

What about this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40geronimo.apache.org/msg24899.html?

As far as binding votes go it's never been such a distinction between
people heavily involved in Geronimo development and PMCers. We were
pretty close to PMCers == committers and I don't remember a situation
where -1 was issued. There were enough +1's from PMCers. Therefore,
*I* would say it's almost impossible to compare what's happening now
with what was in the past. The situation is new and uncomparable to
anything as far as I understand it (and thus there're so many
misunderstandings and discussion about what RTC really means).

> Please confirm that this is the new way that the PMC has decided to run
> things.

It's never changed - only PMC votes are binding as outlined in
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html, but I myself consider
any vote binding as far as changes are concerned. A release is a legal
stuff so it requires a special attention from ASF itself and thus the
requirement about PMCers and their binding votes.

> Alan

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski