geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Sponsor OpenEJB to become sub-project of Geronimo
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 09:12:02 GMT
On 7/2/06, Mohammed Nour <nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1, but I have a question. Isn't it better to have OEJB as a separate
> project, as we have the intention to make it independent from Geronimo, as
> to have it work inside or outside Geronimo?

It is and it will end up as such. It's an independent project, and
once it became a ASF project it will conceptually get Geronimo PMC
support and thus become an subproject of Apache Geronimo. That's the
only linkage between them. Technical stuff is and will be discussed
within a OpenEJB community and it's up to it to decide what steps are
to be taken - be more focus on Geronimo or EJB 3 spec itself with no
strings attached (to Geronimo).

(Strange, I wonder whether I've already voted for it).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl