geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Need clarification on RTC... Yet again... was: [Proposal] Tracking the status of patches under RTC
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 07:43:27 GMT
> Whoa!
>
> I think we have been operation under a different assumption.  I know I
> committed a patch when 1 got 3 committer +1s...  And not even 1 PMC member
> looked at it.  And that took over a week to garner enough votes.  Imagine
> how long it would take if we had to get 3 PMC +1!  I think we need to clear
> this up ASAP!

It's been cleared up for some time, imho. We can do two things to work
it out in a gentle manner:

1/ Be more active and describe the change so that not only are
developers encouraged to test it out or even PMCers. Why is it that
only committers and PMCers vote? Is the description of the change not
easy to understand enough? I wonder what makes them unattractive for
lurkers?

2/ Be more active and gain a PMC nomination so the number of PMCers increases.

They seem to be obvious things, but in RTC mode we operate nothing's
as obvious as it was. We all learn RTC and with no other projects
operating in RTC we're pioneers. With a limited bandwidth I've got I'm
quite certain I'll work on patches that are easy to grasp and have
extensive documentation behind them. Of course, the more talk about it
in the dev mailing list the better as it will spur my interest in
testing.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski