geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: M2 Issues and Actions
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 10:29:18 GMT

> BUT the point that I was making was that Maven must resolve the
> plugin before the build commences... that means that the plugin must
> exist in a repository (or cache) already, and that is the version
> that will be used for the current build cycle... NOT the plugin that
> will be compiled and installed as part of the current build.
>
> Therefor the current build will always use the version of the plugin
> that was built BEFORE the build started, NOT the version that is
> actually getting built.

I have never thought about it, but it sounds *utterly* possible!
Astonishing! I'm so surprised that I couldn't resist and ask a
question about it in the Maven user mailing list. I'm awaiting their
response hoping there's an elegant solution to it (not a workaround).
There must be a solution.

> --jason

Jacek

--