geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [RTC] Vote on GERONIMO-2161 - restart 1
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:24:13 GMT
On Jul 6, 2006, at 9:13 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>> We need to understand why SVN is creating bad patches but this
>> shouldn't hold up the migration to M2
>> effort.  This is not an issue with the current patch but a problem
>> with SVN we need to undestand.
>
> Don't we have it behind us already? I thought we agreed upon the fact
> that unix patch is incompatible with svn diff and thus we need to use
> svn diff to create a patch for review and merge it to our own local
> copies using svn merge. The point is to get the revisions a patch is
> built from, but the rest should work.

We must resolve why svn diff + patch does not work... else it will be
very, very difficult to take in changes from non-commiters who do not
have access to create branches for us to merge.

> To be honest, I don't like how the patch has been reviewed and voted.
> How can we say it works if we (me, including) couldn't apply it to our
> local source copies? If one's going to say it's because of the unix
> patch I'll start screaming...That's why svn merge exists, doesn't it?
> Ok, stop whining...

Dude!  You can apply the changes to your workspace... many other have
done so.  Yes, patch barfs on a few bits, but copy over the changed
files, which are all minor anyways, and you are set.

--jason