geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Where is the source code for the G samples ?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:33:57 GMT
We need to have these artifacts generated by our build.

I don't really care too much where the sources come from...

So, if that means branching (since we all use the same SVN repo)...
or an svn:externals to pull the right code... or a zip of the sources
and a set of patches to apply.

If we need some custom changes then we should branch it... else we
should use svn:externals.  I don't recommend the zip+patches, but
that is an option (a sucky option).

  * * *

I don't consider this a fork... we don't want to fork, but we need to
have more control over the generation of these artifacts to support
our build.

What is the SVN URL to the sources of the samples?

--jason

On Jul 27, 2006, at 1:01 PM, Dave Colasurdo wrote:

> IIRC, there were a few minor tweaks of the examples.. See
> GERONIMO-1299 and GERONIMO-1540 for details..
>
> -Dave-
>
> Jeff Genender wrote:
>> I believe we used the source from Tomcat verbatim as we did not
>> want to
>> fork the code.  In fact IIRC, it was a rename of the jars.
>> Jeff
>> Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>>> Does anybody know where I can find the source code for the geronimo
>>> samples, jsp-examples and tomcat-examples ?
>>>
>>> We are using these in our builds from this repository
>>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/geronimo-
>>> samples/wars/
>>>
>>> We should archive the classes dirs in these wars just like we do to
>>> the apps in our build. When these examples wars are used in our
>>> build
>>> as is, there is a good possibility that it might hit the long path
>>> limit on windows.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Prasad