geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <>
Subject Re: Corba specs for G 1.2
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:13:51 GMT
Hi All,

I was going to JIRA this but figured since there is a conversation
going on about the geronimo-spec-corba_2.3_spec jar I'd just post
first and then jira...

The CosNaming.NamingContext interface currently has the destroy
method commented out with a statement that its 'not implemented yet'.
Not sure if that is a hold over from trying to get things working
with the Sun corba impl or not but I figured I'd mention it here and
see if its already known or if a JIRA would be a good thing.

One more thing is to uncomment the destroy method on the
On Jul 18, 2006, at 8:27 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> No. Both use that plugin. "new" uses the jacorb compiler (i.e.
>> <compiler>jacorb</compiler>). "old" uses idlj (i.e.
>> <compiler>idlj</compiler>).
> Any reason why we don't revert to use <compiler>idlj</compiler> on
> the new spec modules so we can use them?
>>> Where are the sources for the geronimo-spec-corba 1.0 that we are
>>> using?  I looked at branches/1_0 and tags/1_0 and I found that
>>> the greonimo-spec-corba pom has an artifactId of geronimo-
>>> corba_2.3_spec.
>> Get the bucket out... The "old" corba spec is in geronimo/specs/
>> trunk/geronimo-spec-corba/. Well, technically, the tagged version
>> is in geronimo/specs/tags/1_1/geronimo-spec-corba/
> Kay, found it... thx... really confusing how the older version (1_0
> tag) has newer artifactId's.
> --jason

View raw message