geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XML Jars
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 04:10:41 GMT

On Jul 27, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Phani Madgula wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question. We have XML libraries in repository/xercers
> folder and lib/endorsed folder of the server. And also, the
> manifest file in server.jar refers to the ones in lib/endorsed.
>
> Why do we have these JARs at two places?

I believe it's pretty much an accident of how the m1 assembly plugin
works.  I don't know if the m2 assembly has the same "feature".

There's some interest in eliminating "lib" by using some kind of
bootstrap repository.  It might be possible to also remove the "lib/
endorsed" by using paths into this bootstrap repository when setting
the endorsed system property.

thanks
david jencks