geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422640 - /geronimo/configs/
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:10:38 GMT

On Jul 17, 2006, at 2:53 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> Hey Jason,
> These paths were used by the Continuum builds on GBuild. For
> example the "Geronimo 1.2 :: Configs" build used geronimo/configs.
> So, at the moment the configs, applications, and assembly phases of
> the G 1.2 build are broken.
>
> I've never really cared for separating the build steps on Continuum
> (eg, modules, applications, configs, and assembly). I don't think
> separating them gives us much, if any benefit, and may actually
> cause some confusion...

The history of that is that it was added as a compromise.  I had just
gotten our first continuum install running the same time David J.
split up the build into TranQL (new0, new00), Geronimo "Main" (new1),
OpenEJB (new2), G Apps (new3), G Configs (new4), and G Assemblies
(new5).

If Mr. Jencks is ok with it, I'm fine seeing it go from continuum.

-David