geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Pessimistic locking strategy for CMP beans in 1.1.1
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:58:34 GMT
I'm not sure this will cover the common strategies used by most
containers.  I recall implementing a few different strategies in
another appserver:

o DB auto update sequence
o Container manual update sequence
o DB last modified timestamp column
o Container manual update sequence (unreliable but people use it)
o Check column values haven't changed between select an update
    o All columns
    o Some special columns
    o Only columns being updated
    o All columns that were read in during the tx

I doubt we need all of these, but I think we should allow room for
growth in the schema.

-dain