geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: m2 error: Configuration already exists...
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:14:25 GMT
Bummer... highly sucky that we must clean to make a build.   Stuff
like this negates some of the intelligence the build uses to reduce
the amount of work (and time to execute).

In general I recommend that a normal build never need to clean, move
or delete files, so that steps that have completed previously do not
need to be redone (where applicable).

Anyways, not a major issue right now, but going forward we will want
to clean this up.

  * * *

Is it the local module's target than needs to be cleaned?  If so, we
can add a step that runs before car to invoke the clean plugin's
clean goal.  This is only a short-term fix though, I do not recommend
that we start adding this pre-cleaning anywhere else.

--jason