geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: VMware on GBuild?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:02:16 GMT
Why not use Xen ( http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Xen )?

If you just plan to use VMWare workstation, then chances are you are
going to be wasting a bunch of cycles.  Would be better to just run
multiple instances of Geronimo.

I've had really bad luck with VMWare in the past so I am a bit jaded
to using it.  Previously we had a big box running ESX, and a few
virtual machines on it.  We setup our main build/ci server as one of
them... and it was so slow.... the vm had 100% utilization, but the
host was only at like 20%.

--jason