geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: G 1.1 CARs not in any Maven Repo
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:58:17 GMT

> OK, so, I've now discovered that the Geronimo 1.1 CARs are not in the
> Maven 1 repo, as well as not being in the Maven 2 repo.
>
> I believe they will need to be in order to build Geronimo CARs or
> Geronimo Plugins from Maven (with the geronimo-packaging-plugin or
> car-maven-plugin) since I believe those plugins start a server using
> CARs they fetch out of your local Maven repo.  (This is assuming
> you're trying to build CARs or Geronimo plugins without first building
> Geronimo itself, which I think is totally desirable.)
>
> Can we push the Geronimo 1.1 CARs to the Maven 1 repo, and if
> possible, the Maven 2 repo as well?  (Note that the G 1.1 JARs are in
> both, but the CARs are in neither.  By contrast, the G 1.0 CARs are in
> both.)

Yeah. I'd noticed that we hadn't published the cars last week. Agreed
that this is a reasonable/desirable thing to do. If we're going to
"release" the CAR files, however, then I think we have to insure that
they contain appropriate license and notice files. I'm pretty sure
that we've never done that for car files.

--kevan