geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo Tooling 1.1 Release Plans
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:29:26 GMT
Hi Sachin,

I tried the plugin today.  I am able to start the server and run my first
simple application which is great!  Here are some comments I have so far.

1) You probably already knew this - Download and Install button doesn't work
yet.   I went over to the eclipse update site, and didn't see any 1.1
features or plugins there.

2) I tried the new static content (I interpret that as html only)
automatically republish feature today.  It worked well!

One thing I noticed is that after I made a change to the html file and save
it, the server's state changed from synchronized to republish which
indicated a republish was needed here.  But actually it was not needed as I
saw the changes in the browser right away without the republish.  My guess
is that you are getting the republish state from WTP framework when a change
is saved in my project but this can be confusing to the users.

Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachin Patel [mailto:sppatel@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sachin Patel
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 2:51 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Geronimo Tooling 1.1 Release Plans

Thanks Paul,  see inline...

On Jul 7, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> Sachin,  I just checked out the RC3 and it looks GREAT!!  I love the
> fact that using the Eclipse plugin I can create a web project, deploy
> it to Geronimo, debug/update my JSP and see the changes reflected
> immediately (and I mean *immediately*) via a simple app republish,

"simple app republish" Simple as it is to do, this is still a problem
that needs to be solved.  And is partially solved in this release.
If you are working with static content only, if you open the server
editor and select the "run resources from workspace" option, and
restart the server and redeploy your app, any changes to static
content dont require a republish and you can simply refresh your
browser.  I want to be able to run an entire ear from within the
project without having to generate an ear, and this will take some
work in the server to be able to do this.  So currently this feature
is restricted to stand-alone web apps with static only content.