geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Maven Repo Woes - Temporary resolution in place
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:12:58 GMT
> On 6/7/06, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> > > How exactly?
> > >
> > > Cocoon/Geronimo have both hit the same problem.  The factor would seem
> > > to be having a lot of components in your build - which I can't see as
> > > being a mis-use.
> >
> > The part about pointing to people.apache.org as a maven repository is
> > not a design flaw in maven.  The part about maven gobbling up way more
> > resources than necessary probably is.
>
> Geronimo/Cocoon and other projects did not set up the maven snapshot
> repository at the ASF, they're using what has been in place for a long
> time.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding my intentions.  I am not trying to
blame anybody for the current situation and ask them to do penance.
I'm trying to get them to change what they do for future releases.
What exists now and in the past and who created it has nothing to do
with that.  The fact that a maven repository exists in a particular
location does not mean it must be used.

Joshua.