geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-migration to m2 - status and discussion.
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:37:32 GMT
David J, here's the status of my build effort on m2.

I cleaned out my local m2 repo. I used the 20060524 version for
commonsModeler like you did but used 1.4-SNAPSHOT for axis. This
helped me get the axis jars.

I skipped tests for the modules ( <skip>true</skip> in surefire plugin
configuration). You can also use -Dmaven.test.skip=true

I did a top down build. The build failed a few times while downloading
deps. I individually built the module using :
mvn -Dmodule={module_name}

Finally I was able to get a successful build.

I have attached the geronimo/pom.xml that I used.

Cheers
Prasad

On 6/1/06, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanx Jeff. What do you think about
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-3. ? Can we expect that anytime
> soon ? If so, then I'd rather wait to make a run thro' the pom.xml of
> all the apps just once.
>
> Cheers
> Prasad
>
> On 6/1/06, Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:
> > Prasad,
> >
> > If you really need to use the jspc plugin now, please use version 1.4.3.
> >  It does not fork the compile.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> > > The migration of applications to M2 has been kinda held up by the
> > > following 2 maven jiras
> > >
> > > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-2 (to fix jspc plugin)
> > > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-45 (to fix jar'ing classes to
> > > web-inf/lib).
> > >
> > > I have submitted a patch for the latter (maven-war-plugin, mwar-45).
> > >
> > > Soon, I shall submit a patch for the application migration without
> > > these 2 features (jsp precompile and jar classes). We can do good w/o
> > > these for now. Once the maven jiras are ready, we shall patch the
> > > application pom(s) again.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Prasad

Mojo