geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rc1 Status and Next Steps
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:17:07 GMT
This jar: http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-api-1.0.1.jar
does not contain anything and is licensed under ASL 2.

I guess you are refering to the stax RI from BEA, but this one
is not licensed under ASL and is not reditributable.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

On 6/13/06, Donald Woods <drw_web@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> If you look at the NOTICES-Draft1.txt file I attached before Dave's,
> you'll see the Stax source contains the following License/Notices which
> need to be mentioned -
>
>
> (i)     Indiana University Extreme!  LabSoftware License V1.1
>
>   Indiana University Extreme! Lab Software License, Version 1.1.1
>
>    Copyright (c) 2002 Extreme! Lab, Indiana University. All rights
> reserved.
>
>    Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
> met:
>
>    1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>
>    2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>
>    3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution, if
> any, must include the following acknowledgment:  "This product includes
> software developed by the Indiana University Extreme! Lab
> (http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/)."  Alternately, this acknowledgment
> may appear in the software itself,     if and wherever such third-party
> acknowledgments normally appear.
>
>    4. The names "Indiana University" and "Indiana University Extreme!
> Lab" must not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
> software without prior written permission. For written permission,
> please contact http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/.
>
>    5. Products derived from this software may not use "Indiana
> University" name nor may "Indiana University" appear in their name,
> without prior written permission of the Indiana University.
>
>
>    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
> WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
> MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN
> NO EVENT SHALL THE APACHE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE
> LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
> CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
> SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
> INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND  ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
> CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
> ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF
> THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
>
>
>   ====================================================================
>
> (ii)    The Apache Software License, Version 1.1
>
>
>    Copyright (c) 2000 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
> reserved.
>
>   Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
> met:
>
>    1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>
>    2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>
>    3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution, if
> any, must include the following acknowledgment:  "This product includes
> software developed by the Apache Software Foundation
> (http://www.apache.org/)."  Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear
> in the software itself, if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments
> normally appear.
>
>    4. The names "Crimson" and "Apache Software Foundation" must not be
> used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
> prior written permission. For written permission, please contact
> apache@apache.org.
>
>    5. Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache",
> nor may "Apache" appear in their name, without prior written permission
> of the Apache Software Foundation.
>
>    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
> WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
> MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN
> NO EVENT SHALL THE APACHE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE
> LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
> CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
> SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
> INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
> CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
> ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF
> THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
>
>   ====================================================================
>
> (iii) Miscellaneous Notices
>
>   This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
> individuals on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation and was
>   originally based on software copyright (c) 1999, Sun Microsystems, Inc.,
>   http://www.sun.com.  For more information on the Apache Software
>   Foundation, please see <http://www.apache.org/>.
>
>
> /*   Copyright 2004 BEA Systems, Inc.
>   *
>   *   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>   *   you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>   *   You may obtain a copy of the License at
>   *
>   *       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>   *
>   *   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>   *   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>   *   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
> implied.
>   *   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>   *   limitations under the License.
>   */
>
>
> /**
>   * @author Copyright (c) 2002 by BEA Systems. All Rights Reserved.
>   */
>
> /*
>   * Copyright 2002-2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
>   *
>   * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>   * you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>   * You may obtain a copy of the License at
>   *
>   *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>   *
>   * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>   * distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>   * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
> implied.
>   * See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>   * limitations under the License.
>   * ====================================================================
>   *
>   * This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
>   * individuals on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation and was
>   * originally based on software copyright (c) 2001, 2002, International
>   * Business Machines, Inc., http://www.apache.org.  For more
>   * information on the Apache Software Foundation, please see
>   * <http://www.apache.org/>.
>   */
>
>
> -Donald
>
>
> Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> > The stax api which is hosted at codehaus is ASL 2 and does not have any
> > NOTICE file included, so my best guess is that there is nothing to do
> > for this one.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet
> >
> > On 6/13/06, *Dave Colasurdo* <davecola@earthlink.net
> > <mailto:davecola@earthlink.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> >      > John Sisson wrote:
> >      >
> >      >>> 6. Third Party Licenses.  This needs to be reviewed and the
> >      >>> appropriate licenses compiled. Volunteers?  We did not have one
> in
> >      >>> the 1.0 stream so I'd like clarification if this is a
> >     requirement or
> >      >>> something that can be deferred.
> >      >> IMO this is a requirement.  Just have a look at some of the
> licenses
> >      >> for components we are redistributing.
> >      >>
> >      >> I have collated a list of components attached to a file in
> >      >> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2112 indicating
> >     whether
> >      >> IMHO they require an attribution in the NOTICES.txt file or a
> >     license
> >      >> included in the LICENSE.txt file and where to get the
> >     information from.
> >      >> There are some that require further investigation as IMNAL.  Can
> >      >> people please look at the file attached to GERONIMO-2112 and see
> if
> >      >> there are any obvious omissions/errors and comment on the items
> >      >> requiring further investigation.
> >      >>
> >      >> If someone has time to pick it up from and start assembling the
> >      >> LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt files, please do, otherwise I'll
> continue
> >      >> in the morning (Sydney time).
> >      >>
> >      >
> >      > John,
> >      > I am also investigating.  I suspect jdom and castor may also need
> >     to be
> >      > added to the list..  Will make an initial pass at the files and
> >     attach
> >      > them to GERONIMO-2112.. Of course IANAL.. :)
> >      >
> >
> >     Have attached LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt to the JIRA:
> >
> >     http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2112
> >
> >     I still need some input on openejb and stax-api..  David Blevins and
> >     James Strachan.. Are there any license terms or notices that need to
> be
> >     added  for these projects?
> >
> >     Thanks
> >     -Dave-
> >
> >
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message