geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Guillaume Nodet" <>
Subject Re: rc1 Status and Next Steps
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:52:20 GMT
On 6/13/06, Matt Hogstrom <> wrote:
> All,
> Good feedback on the release and each successive build we have less
> issues.
> Based on the feedback from people I have taken the following actions:
> 1. Updated the builds (both 1.1 and trunk) to include the LICENSE.txt file
> for the server.
> 2. Modified and tested the Tomcat configuration in both branches/1.1 and
> trunk to enable logging.
> There was an inconsistency between Jetty and Tomcat WRT to access logging;
> in Jetty it was enabled
> and in Tomcat it was not.  I have changed both to be enabled as I am
> unaware of any testing on Jetty
> to disable access logging.
> 3. An error in viewing access logs from the console.   This is a bug that
> needs to be addressed but
> is mitigated by number 2 above.
> 4. Remaining JIRA Issues
> *Needs to be investigated*  _Paul or Aaron_ can you examine this issue and
> recommend a fix?
> GERONIMO-2093   Console database pool always gets NPE on deploy
> *I believe these are completed...need review* _Assignees include DJencks,
> AMMulder, JGenender, Dain_
> GERONIMO-1924   Need to register the tomcat jndi url handler somehow
> GERONIMO-1865   Add ability to restart and reload configurations
> GERONIMO-1874   synthetic ears should allow use of modules outside the g
> repository
> GERONIMO-1781   FileSystemRepository not able to handle entry with version
> number which is a single digit
> *Need Status*  _I believe this will be deferred.  Hiram will need to
> comment_
> GERONIMO-1451   A new TCP listener for ActiveMQ is not persisting across
> server startups
> 5. We are waiting for the remaining ActiveMQ SNAPSHOT (3.2.4) to be
> released.  Hiram indicted he
> would look after this today.
> 6. Third Party Licenses.  This needs to be reviewed and the appropriate
> licenses compiled.
> Volunteers?  We did not have one in the 1.0 stream so I'd like
> clarification if this is a
> requirement or something that can be deferred.

AFAIK, this is a legal requirement, so imho I think this is a major issue.
And all publicly available jars (which means all, as they are all available
through the maven repositories) should also have LICENSE and NOTICE files in
their META-INF directory.
I will put them asap for all modules, but they are also needed for the specs
And sorry to bother you about that, but another important point is to
release the specs in a m2 repository (this is also necessary for building
the trunk with m2).
Maybe we should recut them (I have already put the LICENSE and NOTICE files
in svn head).

Guillaume Nodet

I will be travelling today so I will address these issues tonight and cut a
> final RC tonight
> assuming all the above issues are resolved.
> I have moved 49 JIRAs into 1.1.1 that I plan to address and respin a 1.1.1within 3 weeks.
> to be determined.
> Thanks for everyone's help and feedback.  I believe once we have addressed
> the above we are good to
> go for 1.1.  It's been a long road to get here.  Only a few more inches
> and we're in the end zone.
> Matt

View raw message