geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Life After 1.1 - starting the new branch for 1.1.1 - some logistics and your input requested.
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:54:17 GMT
Hi Jason,

The problem is that it can take weeks to do a geronimo release since
stuff like CTS testing is involved.  So the release work (putting the
finishing touches) needs to be done in a branch so that work can
continue on the next release.

Perhaps m2 has a way of dealing with those issues along with
re-cutting releases and such.  But since I have not done a m2 based
release yet, I'm not sure what's involved.  Could you clarify it a bit
for me?

--
Regards,
Hiram