geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Frustrations of a Release Manager
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:41:09 GMT

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > All I'm saying is I don't care if IBM puts up
> > http://www.ibm.com/wasce/plugins, I also don't care if you put up a
> > http://virtuas.com/geronimo/plugins site.
> >
> > Now the default link issue is something else.  Can we point it by
> > default at some Apache machines by default?  I'm sure Aaron would not
> > mind, would you?
> >
> > We do things like this all the time.  Our maven builds are TOTALLY
> > dependent on non asf hardware.  If ibiblio or codehaus go down, I
> > think we would have some serious issues trying to build geronino and
> > friends.  And I may be wrong but I think Aaron's site was similar in
> > that it was just providing free hosting for artifacts.  Or an I wrong?
>
> That is a great question.  If Aaron's intention was to make an ibiblio
> of sorts, this could have been discussed and it may have passed muster.
>  The key missing component was the discussion ;-)
>
> I am surely interested in intent...the goals...the barriers to entry, or
> lack thereof regarding this site.

Cool, I'm glad we are getting over this non-issue.

The thing that worries me most about working in the Geronimo community
is that it seems that folks a quick to assume the worst out of the
contributors the project!  I have no clue why this happens.  I'm not
sure.  I hope we can get into a mode of giving folks the benefit of
the doubt and if they screw up they I flame them good!

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com