geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Arentz" <stefan.are...@gmail.com>
Subject Reloading GBeans during development
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:04:00 GMT
I'm developing my first Geronimo plugin and so far all goes well,
mostly thanks to all the great hints people are giving me here :-)

My workflow is this: write code, mvn package, deployer.jar redeploy
target/plugin.jar. This works most of the time, but what I see a lot
is that I'm running old code, even though the redeploy happened
without warnings or errors.

The problem is rather vague and not reproducable but it does happen.
I've seen my code print stuff to the log that simply isn't in the last
version anymore.

What helps is to do a full geronimo restart.

Oh, my GBean only has a reference to the Kernel and the MBeanServer.
Nobody references me. I think.

Does this sound familiar? Anything I can do about it?

 S.