geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Arentz" <stefan.are...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts about what a release is
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:11:41 GMT

> Thoughts?

Ahhh the version number game. Perception is reality :-)

When I see a headline about Geronimo 1.2, I will probably think 'pfff
still no EJB3 support, what are those slow coders doing all the
time?!'. However, if it would see a  'Geronimo 2.0' headline then I
would be immediately curious and check it out in detail because I know
good stuff has happened in a major release. People will generally also
think the product is more mature. (Which is is of course, a version
number increment will just confirm that feeling more)

 S.