geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Where did the 1.1 branch go?!?!
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:48:11 GMT

On Jun 15, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> -0.5 to copying branches/1.1 to branches/1.1.x and then copying or
>> moving to tags/1.1.x  Since ONLY BUG FIXES can possibly be added
>> to branches/1.1, this should not cause problems.  The release
>> manager gets say over what goes into a release, they can revert
>> changes they don't want in the release.  I think the copy to
>> branches/1.1.x just adds steps for no gain.
> I would upgrade this to a -1 on my part.

Think you're getting kind of nit-picky on what you think is easiest
for a release manager to do.  I'd rather see us simply agree on what
the end result should be.

IMHO, if a release manager wants to copy into a temp location while
they finalize the release (which can take days) to remove the risk of
having to roll back accidental changes, that's fine.

-David