geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] 1.1-rc1 Now Available
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:03:15 GMT
Alan,
Are you asking for Matt to change the subject line of the vote? That
would be appropriate. Something like "[Vote] Release Geronimo 1.1
based on 1.1-rc1"

Or were you not aware of what you were voting on? The note states:

>>> Your voting and feedback are for:
>>>
>>> Geronimo 1.1
>>> DayTrader 1.1
>>> Specs 1.1

--kevan

On Jun 12, 2006, at 7:42 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> [...]
>
> +1
>

> Regards,
> Alan
>

> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>> I apologize for resending this to the lists.  I inadvertantly did
>> not put [vote] in the subject line so it may not have been
>> apparent.  The remainder of this e-mail is the same content that
>> was distributed last night.
>>
>> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>> Over the past few days the outstanding issues that were raised
>>> about the first candidate have been addressed.
>>>
>>> They were that we were missing the LICENSE.txt as well as Notices
>>> from the distribution.  I added them.  Guillaume also pointed out
>>> that he noted that there should be a Third Party Notices.  This
>>> was not included in the original 1.0 or previous distributions so
>>> I did not follow it up.  Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Also, the 1.0 release notes were removed and updated the thread
>>> started by Hernan.  The Wiki has been updated and the wiki was
>>> the source used to create the RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.txt file you will
>>> find in the build.
>>>
>>> To avoid issues with the version number and the plugins I used
>>> rc1 which Aaron had added in the plugins for supported versions
>>> so I trust that works here.
>>>
>>> JSisson addressed the problem with not being able to run Geronimo
>>> under CygWin and Kevan worked with Aaron to address a new
>>> deployment problem that left partially deployed artifacts in the
>>> repository.
>>>
>>> I have taken this build and run some performance tests on it and
>>> we are significantly better in 1.1 than we were in 1.0.  We have
>>> a lot of improvement left for CMP EJBs.  It appears that the
>>> performance improvements in the EJB tier has changed a race
>>> condition when running under DB2.  I'm afraid that the only way
>>> to address the problem is to add a new feature to TranQL and OEJB
>>> that allow for the specification of Isolation Levels for
>>> individual beans.  This is a relatively simple change but the
>>> build as it stands is specification compliant.  I would prefer to
>>> let this release go forward since CMP 2.1 EJBs are not nearly as
>>> common as the other J2EE components.  I would like to address
>>> this in 1.1.1 however I don't think we've locked down whether
>>> that would be allowed or not.  The change would affect TranQL and
>>> OpenEJB so they are really included components so I'd be
>>> interested in people's feedback.
>>>
>>> So please accept a named RC1.  Your voting and feedback are for:
>>>
>>> Geronimo 1.1
>>> DayTrader 1.1
>>> Specs 1.1
>>>
>>> The vote will stand for 72 hours.  Issues raised will be
>>> discussed and if we conclude that there is a bug that must be
>>> addressed then we will mitigate the problem and respin a new rc
>>> for a 72 hour vote.
>>>
>>> If this is accepted all three of the above components will be
>>> released simultaneously.
>>>
>>> Here are the builds for your review and comment:

>>> rc1.tar.gz
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-
>>> rc1.zip
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-