geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [openejb-dev] Re: [RTC] Update for new OpenEJB 2.2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:43:24 GMT

On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:32 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Can you explain in more detail the rearchitecture that was done in
> this update?  If this from openejb3 does that mean that we can
> deprecate openejb3?

No, you misunderstand.  Just about December/January/February OpenEJB
1 trunk and 2 trunk were realigned (2 more than 1), then both were
used as the basis for the openejb3 code which will deprecate all
prior openejb versions (finally!).  The trick is Geronimo decided to
ditch it's trunk (1.2) around April and OpenEJB 2 and 3 are still
using it.  In short this "patch" unscrews us :)  It merges the old G
1.2 features back into new G 1.2 so we can restore OpenEJB 2.2 and
3.x will compile again.

-David