geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build using m2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:02:30 GMT
So what to do about openejb?

Build fails:

<snip>
Bliss:~/ws/apache/geronimo/trunk jason$ mvn
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: unknown

Reason: Could not find the model file '/Users/jason/ws/apache/
geronimo/trunk/openejb/modules/pom.xml'.

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Could not find the
model file '/Users/jason/ws/apache/geronimo/trunk/openejb/modules/
pom.xml'.
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects
(DefaultMaven.java:365)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
278)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Could
not find the model file '/Users/jason/ws/apache/geronimo/trunk/
openejb/modules/pom.xml'.
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel
(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1274)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileI
nternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:414)
         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:192)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject
(DefaultMaven.java:515)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects
(DefaultMaven.java:447)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects
(DefaultMaven.java:491)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects
(DefaultMaven.java:351)
         ... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/jason/ws/apache/
geronimo/trunk/openejb/modules/pom.xml (No such file or directory)
         at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel
(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1269)
         ... 17 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 33 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jun 26 18:30:25 PDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/14M
[INFO]
</snip>

Do I need to check something else out?  If so... WHY?

Or do I need to pass some-other configuration?  If so... WHY?

I've said this before and will say it again (and again)...

I should be able to:

  1) svn co .../geronimo/trunk
  2) mvn install
  3) start the server

The only assumption made is that Maven 2.0 is installed and that
JAVA_HOME (or the equiv on OS X) is setup correctly.

If there are more than 3 steps to go from src to server, then
something is wrong... and should be fixed.

  * * *
Its been months since I have been able to actually build G...  I'd
recommend that people periodically blow away your repository cache so
that you get really clean builds.  Often m2 problems will only start
to show up when a clean repo is used... :-(

--jason