geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject [RTC] ?? Review requested on intermediate patches for pluggable JACC
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:43:23 GMT
I've attached some patches for an incremental step towards pluggable
JACC to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1563

Pre RTC I would check these in and pray that someone would notice and
if I was really lucky comment, and then continue with the next
steps.  We'll see how RTC works with this.  In particular I intend to
continue work on this stuff on my flight today so I don't actually
expect to check in these patches.  I do think that there's enough
there to see where I'm headed and object if you don't like it.

These patches turn the security builder into a gbean implementing a
SecurityBuilder interface, and move stuff around with module
dependencies so it still works.  The next steps are:

- make multiple security namespaces possible and to determine if a
namespace driven scheme is plausible: it might be even though I don't
think we can run more than one JACC implementation in a geronimo
instance at once.

- review the SecurityBuilder interface, especially the parts used by
TSSEditor

- provide an additional JACC implementation to prove this stuff
works.  See if there's any spec-specific functionality in our current
security builder that can be moved into a superclass or helper for
use by other builders.

thanks
david jencks