geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build using m2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:26:40 GMT

On Jun 26, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Probably...
>
> But is it really needed to build the sever?

  yes, how else would it have ejb support?

Obviously openejb is not required to build anything in "modules" as
the build is supposed to proceed

specs
modules
m2-plugins
openejb
apps
configs
assembly

I haven't tried a top level build, maybe there are some bugs in it.
Maybe after jason's proposed splitting of modules into smaller more
focussed pieces we can release some kind of core geronimo jars and
they will be stable enough so it is plausible to release openejb on a
separate schedule.   Maybe openejb3 won't use any geronimo classes
and we'll have an openejb integration in geronimo.  These are giant
changes far larger than the m2 conversion.  Until we do something
along those lines, I don't understand why we'd assure that no builds
ever worked by taking openejb out of the build.

thanks
david jencks