geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying a duplication application
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:04:28 GMT
I think we need to keep it simple.  Let deploy only allow a deploy,
and fail if the app exists, and kindly inform the user that a
redeploy should be invoked.  Or even better and I think this may have
been brought up before, but perhaps we get rid of redeploy completely
and have a --force option on deploy which does essentially the redeploy.

On Jun 27, 2006, at 6:33 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 6/27/06, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> My thinking is that we
>> should do 1 of 2 things:   1)  warn the user that they are
>> attempting to
>> deploy another version and require some type of confirmation before
>> proceeding.   2)  deploy so long as it is a newer version and ensure
>> that the newest version is the one that we start/run.
>
> I remember that we agreed (or almost agreed) to fail when another
> version of the same webapp is deployed. deploy means deploy nor
> redeploy. I'd like to hear others' opinion on the matter as I'm not
> that convinced about my thinking. We should perhaps provide an option
> to tell the deployer to redeploy while executing deploy.
>
>> Joe Bohn
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski