geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject I think groupIds in m2 build need improvement
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 00:07:14 GMT
Right now the groupIds in the m2 build are

org.apache.geronimo.modules for the jar files
org.apache.geronimo.configs for the car files

I think these are both bad.  First of all, due to our recent
renaming, the configs should if anything get the modules name :-).

More important, I think at least for jars the groupId should be part
or all of the package name of the stuff in the jar.  So, we'd either use
org.apache.geronimo

or

org.apache.geronimo.activation
org.apache.geronimo.axis
org.apache.geronimo.axis-builder
org.apache.geronimo.webservices

for the jars.  Personally I have a preference for plain
org.apache.geronimo for all the jars.  However if recommended maven
usage is the longer names I'm ok with that too.

For the configurationsXXXXXXXXX modules, I'm nearly neutral between
org.apache.geronimo and org.apache.geronimo.module[s], slightly
preferring the shorter name.

Comments?

thanks
david jencks