geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build using m2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:36:32 GMT

On Jun 26, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Any idea where the stax:stax-api:1.1.1-dev comes from?
>
> The root pom states that stax:stax-api:1.0 should be used... but
> the errors with the xmlbeans plugin all state 1.1.1-dev.

I've filed a bunch of bugs all over the place and the current status is:

-- I'm working with the xmlbeans team to publish correct poms for
xmlbeans 2.0.0-1, 2.1.0-1, and 2.2.0.  This will take a while, but
apparently won't conflict with the maven evangelism rules (my first
attempt revealed that the evangelism instructions had no relationship
to the actual process the maven team uses)
-- The maven xmlbeans plugin has had a couple fixes applied, but
whether a snapshot is publically available is not clear to me.  I
strongly recommend building the xmlbeans plugin from source.  IIRC
this will eliminate the need for the bogus stax dependencies.  Here's
the latest relevant jira:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/
MXMLBEANS-20?page=all

After all the fixes are in we should not need any dependencies on
stax-api and the bogus dependencies on stax can be removed.

thanks
david jencks