geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building with m2 - doc location discussion
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:32:59 GMT
Hi Anita,

Tried it and here are my results;

Did steps 1-3 of 'useful information' without problem.

The first step worked fine (mvn -N)

The next step (cd modules; mvn)

fails with this;

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) xmlbeans:xmlbeans-jsr173-api:jar:2.0-dev

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=xmlbeans -
DartifactId=xmlbeans-jsr173-api \
           -Dversion=2.0-dev -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Path to dependency:
         1) org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-j2ee-schema:jar:1.2-
SNAPSHOT
         2) stax:stax:jar:1.1.1-dev
         3) xmlbeans:xmlbeans-jsr173-api:jar:2.0-dev

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

Which is a well known problem (at least it appears to be http://
tinyurl.com/ler9a) so we should probably document this as well in the
'useful information' spot.

I had to run 'mvn install' 11 times to get past the problem with 'mvn
install -Dmaven.test.skip=true'.

TTFN,

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - http://myfaces.apache.org