geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: M2 Build Instructions on wiki (M2 : Build Instruction)
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:17:36 GMT
> I don't think we should keep creating so many spaces. The idea
> behind having multiple spaces was to allow easier management of the
> documentation as we deliver new releases of Geronimo.

I do not think we should limit the number of spaces...

If a sub-project warrants its own space, then lets give it one.
Spaces are just like top-level directories in a 2-level file system.
If it was more than 2-levels, then I would agree, but since it is
not, then I think that adding new spaces where appropriate is the way
to go.

> D. Blevins, if gbuild and vmbuild are part of the Geronimo project,
> would you consider moving them into the "Apache Geronimo SandBox"?

IMO, GBuild/vmbuild should have a separate space.

> Again, we need to change that name soon, I couldn't come up with
> anything better at that time. Any proposal anyone?

Just change it to Apache Geronimo, GMO.  The root space.  All other
spaces are GMOx<YYY>

--jason