geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building 1.1-Minimal
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:55:27 GMT
Hi Stefan,
Comments inline...

On Jun 10, 2006, at 8:03 AM, Stefan Arentz wrote:

> Goedenmiddag!
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding the 1.1 minimal release. I
> would like to build it from source code but I don't know how.

The new5 assembly phase will build the j2ee and minimal distributions
for both jetty and tomcat. So, 'maven new' will build the minimal
release. It should be possible to assemble only the minimal release,
by cd'ing into assemblies/minimal-jetty-server (or minimal-tomcat-
server)

> I could not find instructions on how to build the minimal profile with
> jetty. Does anyone have a recipe for that?
>
> Am I correct that I need to stay current with
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/1.1/
>
> until the 1.1 final release is tagged?

Correct.

> I understand that I need to use Java 1.4 for building the full J2EE
> Geronimo. Due to some Corba incompatibilities with 1.5 or so. If I
> just build the minimal profile, can I then do everything with 1.5?

To my knowledge, not something we intended to support. There isn't an
explicit 'minimal' goal. So, you'd have to figure out what modules/
configs that you need before running the assembly.

--kevan