geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Where did the 1.1 branch go?!?!
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:06:29 GMT

On Jun 15, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:

>>> Think you're getting kind of nit-picky on what you think is
>>> easiest for a release manager to do.  I'd rather see us simply
>>> agree on what the end result should be.
>>>
>>> IMHO, if a release manager wants to copy into a temp location
>>> while they finalize the release (which can take days) to remove
>>> the risk of having to roll back accidental changes, that's fine.
>>>

>> Actually, now that i think about it there is one more reason other
>> than preference that I like making a branches/1.1.0 for release
>> finalization.
>>
>>  -- branches/1.1 will never have geronimo_version=1.1 and people
>> (including continuum) won't have fake 1.1 final jars in their repos.
> Why do we need geronimo_version=1.1 in branches/1.1.0?  Sorry, I'm
> not following.

Let me add the the item below and see if it doesn't make more sense.

1.    cp branches/1.1 to branches/1.1.0
2.    in branches/1.1.0
2.1   geronimo_version=1.1-SNAPSHOT -> geronimo_version=1.1
2.2   update plugin version numbers
2.3   update any hard coded poms or plans from 1.1-SNAPSHOT to 1.1
3.    in branches/1.1
3.1   geronimo_version=1.1-SNAPSHOT -> geronimo_version=1.1.1-SNAPSHOT
3.2   update plugin version numbers
3.3   update any hard coded poms or plans from 1.1-SNAPSHOT to 1.1.1-
SNAPSHOT
4.    eventually move branches/1.1.0 to tags/1.1.0 when release is
actually final

Make more sense?

-David